Friday, January 24, 2020

Faith in the Age of Rulers of Darkness

There is so much dissension between Christians brothers and sisters because of ugly politics. I am so sad about the anger and confusion and fighting. I constantly have to remind myself not to get caught up in all of it. We have to encourage each other to hold out and hold on. And, yes, I do want to make a couple of points.

When it comes to my Christian faith and belief, I don't do so blindly and ignorantly. In 1st Peter 3:15 we are told:
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: (emphasis mine)




Not that any of us should dare speak about Trump - or any man other than the Lord Jesus - as if he is our "savior" but since some of us do, then please think on that verse. Maybe you will be pulled back into your good sense by the reminder.

Now I don't want anyone saying that I am calling Trump the anti-anything but all of this hard and unquestioning loyalty to him reminds me of another Bible verse that warns:

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.(emphasis mine)




I always did wonder just how Christians could be fooled or led away. I thought I would never live to see anything like that. These days, when my brothers and sisters are so staunchly defending Trump, I can see so clearly that it hurts. It's not about who is is or what he has done; it's about the die-hard defense of him. There are people threatening war if he's not re-elected or if he's impeached. You can't even say a word against him in some places without fearing personal harm. He's like some kind of a godfather or king to some people. And some people hate him so much that they forget they are Christian long enough to curse other Christians who support him.

What kind of evil genius thought to set this kind of moral trap?

Let's not forget what we have been warned against

So... Let's all be careful, family. Let's be careful that we don't get so caught up in the politics and social infighting that we forget who our true Leader is. Let's not let the media and social programming and mind-games of the world and the Enemy distract us from what our hearts should really be focused on.

This is the time for praying - not choosing political sides. This is the time for standing fast and standing together. If we are not careful, we are going to let the Enemy and his plans pull some of us away from the fold. This is the time to pray, pray, pray. Pray and repent, Pray for each other, pray for the unsaved.

The fight for the things of this world is not our fight. The battle we are in has already been won.

Peace
--Free




This is something I have been listening to for calming my nerves the past few days

No comments: