Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The "Out of Shadows" Documentary

***NOTE: I posted this before I learned of some of the controversy surrounding this documentary. I have to admit that I was dismayed and considered removing this post altogether. I am keeping it up here with this information. There are complaints from a lot of people (other researchers and documentarians, etc) over not being credited with portions of their work allegedly being used in this film. If we are Christians then, no matter what we do - films, blogs, opinion pieces - we must be fair. Our behavior reflects back on the whole Christian family and, most importantly, God.

Also, please keep in mind that I myself am in NO way a supporter of Trump. I find that he is divisive and chaotic. There are supporters of this documentary who align themselves with Trump and his behavior. Again, not a good look for followers of Christ. 

Still, for the sake of sharing things like this, I will leave this post up with these additional notes.***


I recently watched a video called "Out of Shadows" made by a former entertainment industry stuntman. After a long career, he was injured and then came to know God. He started questioning the whole agenda of Hollywood and the industry. The documentary is about some of what he learns and how it changed his whole perception of reality.

Some parts of the documentary - or people's comments about it - reminded me of how I felt after I had first watched G. Craige Lewis' "The Truth Behind Hip Hop" (TTBHH) and read the book. I felt betrayed by my own blindness and my love of music and the artists I grew up listening to. I realized that, as a Christian, I should never have been looking to these people as "idols". Best of all, I started really paying more attention to the many ways we are being indoctrinated and lulled by the industry.

The Bible warns us about Satan and his agenda but we compartmentalize our Bible reading away from our daily life. There is a reason for everything the Bible tells us. The main thing I have to remember is that Satan is called "The Prince of the power of the air" and Ephesians 6:12 tells us that:
we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (my emphasis)

We read that - I read that in my studies - and the go right out and don't see the agenda behind so much of society. And notice that it's not "flesh and blood" we are wrestling against - not the singers and actors and their puppetmasters - but Satan and his army who controls all of that.

Anyway, I just wanted to post about the video because I think it's an interesting watch. It meanders a little in places, but I am glad that people are seeing it and being nudged to pay more attention. (I am suddenly reminded of the line from "Amazing Grace" about having once been blind but now being able to see.)

By the way, TTBHH videos have to be purchased from the EX Ministries site and are well worth it. The series has grown to over 12 videos.

Peace
--Free 

No comments: