Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Little Gods

While bed sick for a couple of days,  I just had a walk back through the history of evil tyrants and monsters. I binged "Evolution of Evil" on Amazon Prime. The series covered:

  • Gadaffi
  • Hitler
  • Kim Jong-il
  • Mao
  • Mussolini
  • Bin Laden
  • Papa Doc
  • Sadam Hussein
  • Stalin
  • Hideki Tojo
One of the things these men and other brutal men of power have in common is their hatred of the Jews and of Christianity. Until watching all of these mini-bios back to back, I think I had forgotten these common denominators.

Those men are the ones that were featured in the series. As I watched, I began to mentally add some others:
  • Nimrod
  • Pharoah
  • Herod
  • Satan
There are many others but these "rulers" are the ones that came immediately to mind.

All of these men ruled in life without understanding that God rules in eternity. The entire time I was watching the series, I was thinking that these men are another proof of the Bible. No other race, religion, or group of people are hated as much as the Jews are and have been throughout history.

These men - and those individuals like them - forget that no matter how "godlike" they may think they are here on earth and in their mortal existence, they can only be "little gods". Death will bring them into the greatest reckoning of all. 

I highly recommend watching the series. At the very least, it is a history refresher and a reminder of where evil springs from. The verse that I thought of was this one from Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (NKJV)

Pray for the people who live under regimes like this and, as we always must: Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Peace

--Free

No comments: