Sunday, May 7, 2023

Blind & Can't See For Looking...

 I was watching a video from a ministry that I admire. The ministry works to keep people informed about the dangers lurking in everyday life for the Christian. Usually, I agree with their take on news and events. However, they often make the same mistake that many Christian ministries - and Christians -do. They seem to be blind to the faults of some groups of people while seeing everything wrong with other groups.

In a recent video from the ministry, they once again harped on the problems of liberals and Democrats. I have never seen them - or most other ministries - point out the problems among conservatives and Republicans. 

Being politically aligned with a platform that publically stands with obvious Christian values, does not always translate to living a moral and Christian life. 

Yes, more conservative voters and pols are pro-life and anti-sin. However, a lot of those same people are often caught being violently nationalist, racist, and completely unsympathetic to the poor, elderly or migrant.

Many of the same people who talk about being pro-life have no problem watching someone starve or go homeless. Many of the people with a platform who vocalize about following Jesus and being all about family end up embarrassed by their caught-out actions.

In one "for instance", I have some elderly neighbors who thought the world of Tucker Carlson. When I asked about the language he used to describe or speak about some women, they claim he was "set up".

The same people who "follow" Jesus, supported and idolized a president who share little of the Christian family values we are supposed to. He stirred up violence and made fun of disabled people. Yet, some of my Christian brothers and sisters would go to war to defend him.

Why is that? Why don't we hold everyone accountable to the same level of decency? Why is it okay for "one of ours" to be foul-mouthed, shameless, and violent when we are pointing out the sins of the other guys?

The Enemy is smart. He blinds us to some things while shining a bright light on others.

We have to get it together.

I am trying to be a child of Christ. I am anti-sin (including my own). I am not just anti-LGBTQ etc. I am anti-rude, anti-racist, anti-liar, etc. 

Let's start holding our own as accountable as we tend to do with others.

Peace

--Free

No comments: