Saturday, June 10, 2023

Isn’t a Horrible Thing Is Always a Horrible Thing?

 I watched this video and was mad. 

This woman had a child and let it die. She buried it somewhere.

At first, I felt compassion for this woman (and still feel some). Then I finished watching the video and learned that she'd done the same thing before. And I got real mad. But then... I really thought about all the comments of outrage (including my own) and wondered about something. What is the difference in what this woman did and the women who go to clinics and do the same thing every day?

A baby discarded is a baby discarded. Why does it make such a difference in where and how it's done? Here is the video.


Go and read the comments. Hear the anger and disgust. Now go look up stories of people advocating for medical abortions.

This woman was not raped or taken advantage of in any way. She had a man in her life who obviously loved her and was willing to marry her. She was not a confused teenager. She had options. She just did not want to deal with the consequences of having sex.

What is different about her and most of the women who walk into clinics every day and do the same thing she did: get rid of an unwanted child?

I'm waiting for the hatred that will be coming my way because of voicing this opinion in the YouTube comments. Oh boy. 

Peace

--Free

No comments: