Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Witnessing As An Introvert

 I am something of an introvert. Even though I tend to "keep myself to myself", I still like to witness to people. One way I do this is by handing out pamphlets and sometimes buying Gospel of John tracts to leave out in public places. Around the middle of last year (2023), I bought a small hanging chalkboard and some liquid chalk markers. This is how I use these for some "passive witnessing":

INSERT PHOTO

This hangs just outside my apartment door. A lot of the building residents decorate their entry space with plants, holiday items, or sports memorabilia. Some of them even have small tables outside their door to hold their decor.

Since I started using the chalkboard, I've had several of my neighbors indicate that they read the messages. This includes a neighbor who lost her husband a couple years ago. She is Catholic and once mentioned to me that she "prays for his soul". 

Mostly, I post Bible verses on the board. Sometimes, I post one of the funny or thoughtful "church sign" messages I see online.

This is such a casual way to share the Gospel with folks. And, yes, I do post the basic gospel message regularly:

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. (I Corinthians 15:3-4 NKJV)

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you. It's such a simple way to display God's Word and share the gospel message.


I am not affiliated or compensated in any way for this but, in case you are interested, here are the supplies I use.

As with anything these days, you can find several types of those supplies. I am looking for a slightly larger chalkboard (like these). The ones I have now are not quite large enough for me to write longer messages. I don't want a huge one because of the wall space I'm working with. I really like the first markers I bought but the second set of colors is not quite as eye-catching.

I hope this was encouraging to you. 

Peace

--Free

No comments: