Saturday, April 1, 2023

I Am a Woman – No “Cis” Needed

 This gender-twisting situation is getting way out of hand. 

In a forum the other day - totally unrelated to gender, politics, etc. - someone used the term "cis woman". I had zero clue what that meant. With all the current revisionist language around gender, pronouns, sexuality, and so on, I was trying to figure out what kind of person could be a "cis woman". Turns out, that's me. I am a "cis woman". Actually, I refuse to accept that term for myself. I am a woman. Period.

When I looked up the term, I saw the general meaning and that made me mad. 

adjective: cisgender; adjective: cis-gender; adjective: cisgendered; adjective: cis-gendered

denoting or relating to a person whose gender identity corresponds with the sex registered for them at birth; not transgender. (my emphasis)

"this newfound attention to the plight of black trans folks by primarily cisgender allies is timely and necessary" (my emphasis)

No. No. And, no. I won't be involuntarily pulled into the gender-twisting nonsense by further defining my gender. I am not confused or ambivalent about the fact that I am a woman - as God determined for me. He knew me "before I was in my mother's womb". I am not here to argue with the Creator of myself and the universe. 

By the way:

The prefix “cis-” comes from the Latin meaning “on this side,” as opposed to “trans-” which means “on the other side of” or “beyond.”

What bothers me so much is not just the gender-twisting situation (I don't know what else to call this man-made confusion) but how the LGBTQ community tries to pull everyone into their rebellion. If they are confused, I'm sorry. If they have a problem with God, I'm sorry. If they want to invent an entirely new lexicon for their community, fine. Don't force me to be part of the madness.

The LGBTQ crowd (I will just refer to them as the Community) wants others to accept them for whoever/however they want to identify. Well, I don't care if they accept me for how I identify. I am as God made me. Deal with that.

The Community tried to equate themselves with those persecuted for skin color and nationality. I didn't buy that and still don't. 

The Community tried (and in large part has succeeded) in hijacking the rainbow. I don't buy that. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of getting a t-shirt printed with a rainbow and this printed on the front:

"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." (Genesis 9:13-16 )

And this on the back:

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. (Isaiah 30:15) Also see:  John 3:16

 Tolerance (or ignoring) is one thing, but forced acceptance is a step too far.

I will pray for the people who are caught up in or giving in to this silliness but I'm not going to stop standing up for my faith.

Peace

--Free


P.S.: I am already looking at designing a tote bag with the verses mentioned - and a rainbow.

No comments: