Thursday, June 25, 2009

I was sad to hear just a moment ago of the death of Farrah Fawcett. Of course, it's not I personally knew her, but like others, I felt like I did because of her celebrity status. I would see her in interviews and such & think to myself that she seemed like a nice person. She was certainly a beautiful woman and it's obvious that her family loved her very much. Now that she is gone from this earth, I do wonder if she had accepted the Lord's salvation. I wonder if she found peace and safety in dying.

So often, when celebrities die, people go on and on about their careers in the spotlight. Everyone wants to gawk at the surviving family and other loved ones to see what their grief looks like. Well, I'm sure their grief is the same as anyone else's. Ms. Fawcett's loved ones are not mourning someone they only knew from as a celebrity. These people are mourning their daughter, sister, mother, best friend, loved one. They are hurting for someone that the rest of us don't know.

I just do hope that Farrah heard God's wish for her, that she accept the invitation to come home to Him.

I wish her family and loved ones some peace and comfort as they struggle through their loss.


Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)

Peace
--Free

No comments: