Thursday, June 25, 2009

John 5:24

I can't stop thinking about that verse from the Bible.

Michael Jackson passed away today, not long after Farrah Fawcett. I am getting these emails & phone calls from friends who sound like a member of their own family has died...

People - this was just a man. He could call himself the "king" of whatever he wanted. Yes, he could dance and sing and make us stop and just drop our jaws at his talent as a performer. But he was only a man. And for all the self-glory he worked to gain in this life, right now he is facing eternity. If all of you are so heartsick, why is no one speaking out to the rest of the celebrity world about their souls?

I grew up listening to Michael, dreaming over his posters and crying to his records as I practiced writing my married "Mrs. Jackson" name. But I eventually grew up. I eventually had to search my heart about the meaning of life. I eventually had to make a choice about my soul. I just hope that Michael made a wise choice - because we all DO make a choice.

If you love and care for someone - no matter - what their fame and earthly glory - you owe it to them to discuss their eternal future. You don't mind asking friends about their relationships, work, plans, etc. Start discussing the most important thing: their soul.

Peace
--Free

1 comment:

FreeBeing said...

If Blogger starts acting crazy like Twitter, I'm gonna pout! I just had a Twitter pal post a comment that I published and yet - no comment showing...

I will get this thing fixed asap!!!