Thursday, January 21, 2021

Order and Perfection and Belief

 Reading part of the Bible - especially recently at the end of 1 Chronicles - I am again amazed at God's order and perfection in everything. I felt this way while reading Genesis and Numbers.

The way that God had Israel order everything from the way the citizens lived, the kings ruled, and the commanders led the army. Everything is about order and efficiency.

Also, once again, I am reminded that while many men do not believe in God, they inherited His sense of order. Scientists especially like order. They want to define things in sets and species and types and so on. Do they ever wonder where they got this from?  Do they think that they just "evolved" to be this way?

Everything about our intricate beings comes from God. How can it all be coincidental or accidentally or evolutionary? Evolution had to start somewhere. Time had to start somewhere. Life and thought and beauty and intelligence - it all had to start somewhere. And some people believe that all came from an accidental "bang"?

My mother used to say that some people were so smart that they were stupid. 

The other day, I was watching an episode of The Naked Archeologist. It was on language and the alphabet. It was exploring ideas and opinions about where language - written and spoken - came from. Where it started. It's this kind of thing that is a wonder to me. That man doesn't want to believe that it started with a Creator God. That we somehow all just came to be and came to be smarter and came to be more and more advanced as life forms. Out of what?

Even a (hopefully repentant) Nazi got it

I find it so amazing that people who criticize faith in God don't study His Word the way they study other things. Most scientifically minded people wouldn't debunk a theory without poring over it carefully. I suppose the only thing that amazes me more are people who choose to disbelieve even after studying the Word of God. And not always but usually that has to do with their ideas about either their own brilliance or another man's stupidity. 

The most amazing thing to me is that some of the same people who don't believe in God, will dabble in or go all out on believing in things like ghosts, aliens, magical-mystical long-lost cities, and civilizations. 


SOURCE: Chapman University

I have known people who have never read the Bible who believe in the ghosts of their dead loved ones. When I have pointed out that there is no such thing as ghosts but there are such things as evil spirits... Well, I was called gullible and weird. Really? 

So, once again, I am marveling at God and the wonder of all He created. Again, I marvel that there are men who still refuse to believe.

I am sure I will spend many more hours pondering all this. I just wanted to share the burden!

Peace

--Free

No comments: