Monday, February 22, 2021

The First Sin (I had it wrong)

 Like many others, if someone had asked me what the first sin was, I would have thought of Eve's succumbing to the temptation to eat of the tree. 

Well. I had it wrong.

While doing my Bible study today, I was reading a summary (thank you, eSword).


Of course, I went to do a little more digging. I searched out whether "covetousness was the first sin" in the Bible. This was a result that made me sit back and go, "Huh!"

source: Answers in Genesis

Well, amen. This is why it's so important to not just read the Bible but to dig deeper. I have read Genesis more than I have any other book in the Bible. This is the first time I ever even considered Satan's rebellion as being the first sin.

So, folks, keep reading and re-reading and studying. 

Peace

--Free


No comments: