Sunday, September 15, 2024

Popular Christian Nonsense?

 I have bookmarked several news sites but I mostly only check 3 or 4 of them every morning. One is The Christian Post. For some reason, I never paid much attention to the "Group of Brands" listed at the bottom of the site's homepage.

Interesting. How silly that I never scrolled that far down the page to notice this before.

The first site I checked was Good News Line. I not only checked it but I went ahead a created an account when prompted. Big mistake. When checking the "Bible" link from the dropdown menu, my eye skipped past "Churches" and went right to "Pastors". And that is where I realized my mistake because the first "Pastor" I saw was Rick Warren.

Of course, I will not visit the site again. I have some problems with some pastors/teachers but I have many with certain others, including Rick Warren.

As I scrolled through the other "pastors" on GNL, I kept seeing more and more evidence to avoid the site: Sarah Jakes Roberts, Bill Johnson,  Joel Osteen, Tony Evans... There were several pastors who do adhere to Bible doctrine and teaching - Voddie Baucham, John MacArthur, and Paul Washer. What concerns me is the fact that so many false teachers are included. 

If some new or less discerning Christians saw that list on a site associated with "The Christian Post, they might think that all the listed pastors are biblical. I am not a new Christian and had to do a double-take.

I saw all this to say that we have to be careful not to look at the cover of a thing but to pay attention to its contents - and intent. 

Peace

--Free

No comments: